Universal Audio Apollo X8 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface
Are you looking for an upgrade for your studio? Are you looking to get even more detail from your recordings, all while still having a natural sound? Well, there's no need to look any further. The Apollo X8 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface is exactly what you need.
There's a reason why Apollo has been the industry's top choice for some of the biggest albums in the world and Universal Audio has gracefully conitnued that legacy with the Apollo X8. It's new converters enhance it's recordings in such a great way, allowing you to hear even the most subtle detail. However, nothing sounds hyped. Everything sounds natural, as if there were no converter produced signal at all. Whether you are working on Hip Hop, Country, Rock, or R&B, the Apollo X8 is the perfect upgrade for your studio!
Elite-Class A/D and D/A Conversion
With thousands of chart-topping songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo interfaces are no strangers to tracking stellar-sounding records. To improve on the previous generation Apollo interface’s class-leading audio conversion, UA engineers obsessively auditioned the latest A/D and D/A converters — ultimately pairing elite-class 24-bit/192 kHz converters with all-new analog circuitry for an ultra-pristine signal path.
With 133 dB dynamic range andTHD+N of -129 dB, the Apollo x16’s open, natural sound quality bests every interface in its class — regardless of price — and is the perfect starting point for applying UAD processing.
Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing
Apollo x16 features new HEXA Core processing, with six DSP chips and 50% more UAD plug-in processing power than previous Apollos. This lets you run more UAD plug-ins, whether you’re tracking in real time with channel strips from Neve, Manley, or API, or running high UAD plug-in counts when mixing in your DAW.
A Full Suite of Classic Analog Processing Onboard
Of course, a hallmark feature of Apollo is its Realtime UAD Processing, letting you run the full library of UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency. Apollo x16 includes the Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, so you can record and mix with the world’s only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and many more.
Access the World of UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Going beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-ins, Apollo x16 lets you tap into the full UAD Powered Plug-In library of name-brand vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines, channel strips, and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software’s buffer size and without taxing your computer’s CPU.
With exclusive emulations from SSL, Neve, Studer, Manley, API, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, and more,** it’s like having a studio full of iconic analog gear, in a single rack space. And unlike competing interfaces, these award-winning DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
Surround Sound Monitoring* and +24dBu Operation
With comprehensive surround monitoring support for formats up to 7.1, Apollo x16 is a boon for engineers and producers working on audio and music for video games, television, and the web. In addition, Apollo x16 offers selectable +24 dBu operation for out-of-the-box compatibility with professional mixing consoles and other high-end pro audio equipment.
Build a Networked Studio System Over Thunderbolt
Apollo x16 offers 18 x 20 simultaneous inputs/outputs (16 x 16 analog I/O) and two built-in Thunderbolt 3 ports, which are backwards-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 Macs via adapter (sold separately). This allows users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin or Apollo rackmount audio interfaces to easily combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding fast, high-bandwidth I/O and DSP as your studio grows.
- Experience elite-class A/D and D/A conversion nearing the widest dynamic range and lowest signal to noise available — at any price
- Track and mix with powerful HEXA Core processing, featuring 6 UAD DSP chips for running more award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real time
- Record with near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve,API, Manley, Fender, and more using Unison™ technology*
- Easily connect to pro-level studio gear with switchable +24 / +20 dBu headroom settings
- Work in surround formats up to 7.1*, complete with speaker calibration and fold-down
- 18 x 24 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 KHz conversion
- Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing for tracking through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
- Record through 4 Unison-enabled mic/line preamps — giving you fully authentic preamp emulations from Neve,API, Manley, SSL, and more**
- Surround monitor controller up to 7.1 format*
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics Plus” UAD plug-in bundle featuring UA 610-B Tube Preamp; Legacy Pultec EQ, LA-2A, and 1176 compressors; Marshall Plexi Classic; Ampeg SVT-VR Classic, and more
- UAD HEXA Core processing onboard for additional mixing horsepower for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Ableton, and other major DAWs
- Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices; backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 via optional adapter
- Selectable +24 dBu operation for easy compatibility with professional mixing consoles and tape machines
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Talkback mic, and assignable Dim or Mono
- Uncompromising UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
I replaced my firepod with this unit. Did not disappoint. The near zero latency with this unit is awesome. The Studio One Artist bundle is also outstanding.
This is the best interface I have ever experienced. Great preamps, low latency, simple and intuitive. You cannot go wrong. Don't bother with the other interfaces out there with complicated software.
High quality, fabulous sounding interface, user friendly...meets my needs.
This thing is great, I needed to replace my old Tascam interface. I tried a few other interfaces by Yamaha and behrenger that were in this brick range and they all had problems. Some had driver issues or a little hiss. Not this! Great purchase, it works wonderfully!