Roland V-Drums TD-17KL Electronic Drum Set
- Develop stick-control and correct playing technique with large 12-inch double-mesh snare
- VH-10 Hi-hat cymbal with natural motion and open/close detection helps learn hi-hat control
- Natural, rich and dynamic drum sounds, inherited from flagship TD-50 sound engine
- Learn expressive foot control and pedal technique with the KD-10 Kick pad
- Two crash cymbals and expansion possibilities support your individual playing style and performance
- Improve your sense of time with Time Check and Quiet Count as part of Coach Mode
- Warm-up menu provides a basic daily exercise routine to help your playing progress
- Enjoy playing along with your favorite tunes by streaming audio from your smartphone to the TD-17 via Bluetooth® audio
- Choose a kit that matches the tune or style you’re playing, from 50 premium preset drum kits
- Adjust the ambience of each kit to match the venues you perform at
- Customize the preset drum kits to match your preferred drum sound
- Import your own samples for a drum sound that matches the original recording
- Watch video lessons on your smartphone and play along, while the audio comes through the headphones via Bluetooth
- Develop your playing and timing with free to download ‘Melodics for V-Drums’ software (PC/Mac)
I'm very happy with it, I don't know what else to say. You'll need a kick drum pedal, and a hi hat stand, and a seat, as others have said. The set can be adjusted to your liking as far as placement of the drums, especially the snare, which is on a ball joint, so it can be placed where you want it, at whatever angle you like.
Sound and play nearly like an acoustic set! Relearning to play after a 45 year hiatus. Originally played on a 60s era Slingerland kit and these drums bring back many fond memories. I am now retired and live in a townhouse in a private golf course community among other boomer types, so the quiet vdrums are perfect for me. I've been waiting for Roland to come out with an affordable, highly functional, and realistic-sounding electronic kit, and the TD-17KVX finally meets those requirements.
After doing months of research I can say that this drum kit is amazing. As someone who has played for 25 years I was nervous about selecting the right electronic kit. If you're torn between the Alesis surge mesh or this kit go with the roland. This kit can take a beating! If you play anything from metal to jazz this kit is for you. The response and feel of this kit feels just like an acoustic. I just started triggering the kit through superior drummer and get good drums and I was blown away. For the value this kit cant be beat!
I thought it wasn't fair that this set had no reviews, so I'll throw mine in. After the first day of playing it, I can say it feels fantastic, sounds great, and is everything I hoped for it to be. It feels pretty well made, though I can't comment on its durability until quite a bit of time has passed. I hope that despite this review being short, it was at least a little helpful.