The ART Pro Channel II uses second-generation discrete Class-A microphone preamp to provide clean quiet gain while maintaining incredible transparency. A powerful dynamics processor subtly controls transients and noise of the most demanding sources.
The ART Pro Channel II 's semi-parametric EQ offers wide tune-ability and can be patched before OR after the dynamics processor. Separate rear-mounted insert points allow patching in external signal processing gear immediately after the Mic preamp and before the EQ and dynamics processor. Both analog and LED meters provide a detailed indication of audio levels.
- Fully Featured discrete class "A" Tube Microphone Preamplifier
- 1/4" High Z input on the front panel
- Selectable plate Voltage
- Smooth musical sounding Optical Compressor
- Separate Attack and Release controls
- Auto/Manual Attack/Release switch
- Parametric EQ
- Large VU and LED meters
- Multi section clip monitor LED
- Selectable Source switches for VU signal monitoring of any section of the unit
- Two insert loops
- +4/-10 dB switch for optimal signal output levels
- Toroidal power transformer for low noise
- Mic : 150 to 3.4k Ω, variable
- Instrument : 2.5M Ω
- Preamp Insert : .5k Ω
- Balanced Output : 600 Ω balanced
- Unbalanced Output : 300 Ω
- Insert Outputs : 300 Ω
- Analog In to Analog Out : 12Hz to 100KHz +0, -1dB
- THD @ 1 KHz : <0.15% typical
- THD @ to to 20 KHz : <0.033% typical
Equivalent Input Noise
- Mic/Line : -128dBu, Input shortened, Max gain, "A" weighted
- Instrument : -109 dBu, Input shortened, Max gain, "A" weighted
Maximum Input Level
- Mic : +18dBu balanced
- Instrument : +15 dBu
- Mic : 70dB (XLR to balanced output)
- Instrument : 64 dB (1/4" to balanced output
Maximum Output Level
- Balanced : +24 dBu
- Unbalanced : +20 dBu
- Output Level At Meter 0 VU : +4 dBu/-10dBV
- Microphone Gain : 0 dB to +56 dB
- Instrument Gain : +3 dB to +50 dB
- Low Cut Filter : 0 - 250 Hz, 1-pole, 6 dB/Octave
- Boost/Cut : +/- 12 dB on each band
- Low Freq. Tuning : 40 / 120 Hz Selectable
- MID 1 Freq. Tuning : 20 Hz to 2 KHz continuously variable
- MID 2 Freq. Tuning : 200 Hz to 20 KHz continuously variable
- High Freq. Tuning : 6 KHz / 18 KHz Selectable
Compressor / Limiter
- Attack Time : 250 uSec. to 100 mSec.
- Release Time : 00 mSec to 3 Sec.
- Compression Ratio : 2:1 to 30:1
- Dimensions (H x W x D - in) : 3.5 x 19.0 x 9.2
- Dimensions (cm) : 8.9 x 48.3 x 23.3
- Power Requirements : USA - 105 to 125 VAC/ 60 Hz
- Export units configured for country of destination.
Excellent quality sound, quiet, 1/4" mono jacks, XLR plug, for microphone, musical instruments.
You need this to get the best possible sound before it hits your audio interface. Get the tone, clarity and volume you need upfront so you can worry about Minor polishes after you've recorded the track. Worth the investment!
I LOVE this preamp. I'm not crazy about the EQ or compression but I have a great EQ in my DAW and wonderful Compressor so that's not an issue for me. For vocals matched with my SM7b or SM57 this wonderful compressor adds such a warmth I feel as though I'm a late night DJ. It has such beautiful intimacy.
I was unable to afford the Avalon, but after extensive research I decided to go with the ART ProChannel II. It exceeded my expectations. I haven't got a hold of the eq section yet (although I know how to EQ very well). I mainly use this in my home studio business where we record mainly Rap/Hip Hop. Would recommend this highly!