Want to start a fight? Just ask a room full of old-school beat makers what the all-time best MPC is. Go ahead — we dare you. There’s no way to even know which one was the most popular. There’s the sheer warmth that makes the original MPC60 a classic collector’s piece that’s still pumping out the grooves today, but there’s also the amazing flexibility of the MPC2000/XL and the insane all-in-one features of the MPC5000. The fact is, each classic MPC is the “best” one in the eyes of one producer or another, but one thing’s for sure, Akai Professional’s MPC X is the modern MPC all the diehards have been waiting for.
With one foot in the future and one in the past, this sweet standalone sampling powerhouse combines everything you miss about traditional beat production with flexibility that goes beyond the most cutting-edge modern music workstation. Here are the highlights:
- A complete standalone DAW that lets you untether from your PC
- Everything you loved about sampling and beat-making on board
- Delivers a perfect blend of classic loop and modern track production
- 10.1" multi-touch screen and all the hands-on controls you need
- 16 of the best velocity-/pressure-sensitive pads you’ll ever feel
- 16GB of internal storage and external hard drive support
- Preloaded with an epic collection of sounds you’ll actually use
- Pro-quality, all-bases-covered analog I/O connects to everything
- Control your entire rig with extensive MIDI, CV/Gate, and USB I/O
- MPC 2.0 adds audio track recording and upgraded time warp
- Improved Q-Link control and drag-and-drop MIDI/audio also included
- 10GB Vault 2.0 sample library includes production-ready content
Type Standalone Sampler and Sequencer Internal Sound Engine Multicore system with plugin instruments, multi-sampled keygroup instruments, and drum expansion libraries Screen 10.1" Multi-touch Display, Tilt adjustable Pads 16 x Velocity/pressure-sensitive RGB pads, Full-sized Other Controllers 16 x Encoder Q-Link Knobs Sounds 10GB pre-installed content including 3 MPC instrument plugins, multi sampled keygroup instruments and drum expansion libraries Sequencer 128-track MIDI, 8-track Audio Looper Yes Sampling Advanced Sampling & Audio Editing/Recording Analog Inputs 2 x XLR-1/4" combo, 2 x 1/4" TRS, 1 x Dual RCA Stereo, 2 x 1/4" TS (instrument) Analog Outputs 2 x 1/4" (master L/R), 6 x 1/4" TRS Headphones 1 x 1/8", 1 x 1/4" MIDI I/O 2 x In, 4 x Out, USB, Bluetooth Other I/O 8 x 1/8" TRS (CV/Gate) USB 2 x 3.0 Type A, 1 x 3.0 Type B Bluetooth Yes (MIDI) Pedal Inputs 2 x 1/4" Storage 2GB RAM, 16GB Onboard Storage, SD Card Slot, Expandable 2.5" SATA Bay Software MPC 2 Software Compatibility VST compatible (controller mode) OS Requirements - Mac OS X 10.10.5 or later OS Requirements - PC Windows 8.1 or later Power Source 19V DC power supply (included) Height 3.4", 8.4" (display upright) Width 19.9" Depth 16.7" Weight 12.5 lbs.
I really did like it I enjoyed it
I’ve had this since launch. It’s still lacking in a few spots, but has AMAZING capability in what it does well. I’ve added an SSD full of converted mp3s and loops and can pull them in, chop and remix very easily. A fun machine to get creative on.
Sounds great, great sounds
My bf loves it, still learning. Great for beginners.
I love this controller it helps a lot with chopping samples and adding in drums, the pads are sensitive too